Non-Immigrant B - Teaching in Thailand

Non-Immigrant B - Teaching in Thailand

วันที่นำเข้าข้อมูล 17 Sep 2019

วันที่ปรับปรุงข้อมูล 26 May 2023

| 18,122 view



  1. Requirement

This type of visa is issued to applicants who intend to take up employment as a teacher in school or university level in Thailand.

  1. Document Required

2.1. Passport with validity not less than 6 months.

2.2. Filled Visa application form.

2.3. A recent 4 x 6 cm. photograph of the applicant which sticks on the visa application form. 

2.4. Letter of acceptance from the employing institute or school in Thailand.

2.5. Letter of approval from government authorities such as the Office of the Private Education Commission, the Office of the Basic Education Commission or Ministry of Education of the province.

2.6. Evidence of educational qualification such as diplomas or teaching certificates.

2.7. Applicant’s resume.

2.8. Police certificate verifying that applicant has no criminal record or equivalents or letter issued by authorised agencies in applicant's country with validity not less than 6 month.

2.9. For who will be teacher in Private school or institution will need these following documents:

  • School license/Business registration
  • School profile

Notes: Copies of company documents must be signed by the Board of Directors or authorised managing director and affixed seal of company.

2.10. Additional requirements for some certain countries:

  • Nationals of Certain Countries (Click) are required to apply for a visa ONLY at Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country. However, those who are residing in Vietnam and holding The Vietnamese Residence Card are able to apply for a visa at the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City by providing a copy of the Vietnamese resdience card with legalization stamp from the Ho Chi Minh City Department of External Relation


The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh reserves the rights to request additional documents, interviews, or to disapprove as deemed necessary.

An alien who receives a Non-Immigrant visa can work in Thailand once he or she is being granted a work permit. An alien in violation of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning taking up employment without work permit or the Royal Decree B.E.2522 (1979) concerning holding employment in certain restricted occupations and professions shall be prosecuted and imprisoned or fined, or shall face both penalties

  1. Visa Processing Fee (accept in USD only):

80 USD

  1. Processing times:

Two working days 

  1. Working hours: 9.00 am- 11.30 am and 13.30 pm- 15.00 pm

By appointment only at (Click)

  1. Validity of a Visa:

The validity of a Visa is 3 months

  1. Period of Stay:

Holder of this type of visa is entitled to stay in Thailand for a maximum period of 90 days. He or she may apply for an extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau and may be granted such extension for a period of one year from the date of first entry into Thailand.

  1. Additional Informations:

Upon entry into the Kingdom, applicant appointed representatives must apply for a work permit at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour in which the applicant will be obligated to pay income tax accordingly. Foreign workers must apply for a work permit at the employment office in the province, where the partner company is located.

  • Applicant’s family members are eligible to apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa (category “O” accompanying family: Click here) and will be allowed to stay for a period of 90 days but no longer than 1 year.
  • Foreign citizens who hold a Transit Visa (“TS”) or Tourist Visa (“TR”) and wish to engage in business activities in Thailand may apply for a change of type of visa (e.g., from Tourist Visa to Non-Immigrant Visa) at the Office of the Immigration Bureau Office located at Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel. 0-2141-9889, The granting of change of type of visa and extension of stay is at the discretion of the immigration office.