NON-IMMIGRANT VISA B – TO WORK IN THAILAND
This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom to work.
- Document Required
2.1. Passport with validity not less than 6 months.
2.2. Filled Visa application form.
2.3. A recent 4 x 6 cm. photograph of the applicant which sticks on the visa application form.
2.4. Guarantee letter from company in Thailand with details:
- Job position
- Employment duration
2.5. Copy of ANY these letter that has been approval and issued by the Ministry of Labour:
- Copy of WP.3 letter: to obtain this letter, the applicant’s prospective employer in Thailand is required to submit Form WP.3 (ตท.3) at the office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour (Tel. 02-2452745).
**Japanese nationals are exempted from submitting this letter.
- Copy of BOI letter: to obtain this letter, the applicant's prospective employer in Thailand is required to submit Form BOI at the Thailand Board of Investment. https://www.boi.go.th/index.php.
- Copy of Work Permit Book issued by the Ministry of Labour, including alien income tax (Por Ngor Dor 91).
2.6. Corporate documents of company in Thailand:
- Business Registration and Business license; DBD, which has the capital registration not less than 2,000,000 Thai Baht
- List of shareholders
- Company profile
- Details of business operation
- Map indicating location of the company
- Balance sheet, statement of Income
- Taxes requires Por Por 20 (VAT), Por Por 30 (monthly) and Por Ngor Dor 50 (yearly) of the latest year
Notes: Copies of company documents must be signed by the Board of Directors or authorised managing director and affixed seal of company.
2.7. Health insurance which includes;
- Valued over 100,000 USD
- Covers medical expenses in Thailand, including COVID-19
- The duration must cover the length of your visa validity
2.8. COVID-19 (RT-PCR) free health certificate within 72 hours, please check List of Hospitals.
2.9. Additional requirements for some certain countries:
- Nationals of Certain Countries (Click) are required to apply for a visa ONLY at Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country. However, those who are residing in Vietnam and holding The Vietnamese Residence Card, are able to apply for a visa at the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City.
The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh reserves the rights to request additional documents, interviews, or to disapprove as deemed necessary.
An alien who receives a Non-Immigrant visa can work in Thailand once he or she is being granted a work permit. An alien in violation of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning taking up employment without work permit or the Royal Decree B.E.2522 (1979) concerning holding employment in certain restricted occupations and professions shall be prosecuted and imprisoned or fined, or shall face both penalties
- Visa Processing Fee (accept in USD only):
- Processing times:
Two working days
- Working hours:
9.30 - 11.30 am (Morning session only)
- Validity of a Visa:
The validity of a Visa is 3 months
- Period of Stay:
Holder of this type of visa is entitled to stay in Thailand for a maximum period of 90 days. He or she may apply for an extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau and may be granted such extension for a period of one year from the date of first entry into Thailand.
- Additional Informations:
Upon entry into the Kingdom, applicant appointed representatives must apply for a work permit at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour in which the applicant will be obligated to pay income tax accordingly. Foreign workers must apply for a work permit at the employment office in the province, where the partner company is located.
- Applicant’s family members are eligible to apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa (category “O” accompanying family: Click here) and will be allowed to stay for a period of 90 days but no longer than 1 year.
- Foreign citizens who hold a Transit Visa (“TS”) or Tourist Visa (“TR”) and wish to engage in business activities in Thailand may apply for a change of type of visa (e.g., from Tourist Visa to Non-Immigrant Visa) at the Office of the Immigration Bureau Office located at Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel. 0-2141-9889, www.immigration.go.th. The granting of change of type of visa and extension of stay is at the discretion of the immigration office.
For visa application form: click