NON-IMMIGRANT VISA “O” – ACCOMPANYING NON THAI SPOUSE AND FAMILY MEMBERS
This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to accompanying family member that work or study in Thailand
- Document Required
2.1. Passport with validity not less than 6 months
2.2. Filled Visa application form
2.3. Recent 4 x 6 cm. photograph of applicant which sticks on the visa application
2.4. For who accompanying with:
2.4.1. Spouse/parents who work in Thailand:
- Company's guarantee letter addressed to the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City stating that the applicant is spouse or family members of those working or studying in Thailand
- Copy of passport pages of those working in Thailand
- The passport pages should include a personal data page and Thai visa page
- Copy of Thai Work Permit/WP.3/BOI
- Copy of marriage certificate (For spouse)
- Copy of birth certificate (For child)
- Copy of business registration
2.4.2. Student who study in Thailand:
- School's guarantee letter addressed to the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City stating that the applicant is spouse or family members of those working or studying in Thailand
- Copy of student’s ID card or acceptance letter
- Copy of passport pages of those studying in Thailand.
- The passport pages should include a personal data page and Thai visa page.
- Copy of birth certificate
- School registration, if the school is private school
2.5. Applicant’s financial statement of adequate finance is required.
2.6. Health insurance which includes;
- Valued over 100,000 USD
- Covers medical expenses in Thailand, including COVID-19
- The duration must cover the length of your visa validity
2.7. COVID-19 (RT-PCR) free health certificate within 72 hours, please check List of Hospitals.
2.8. Additional requirements for some certain countries:
- Nationals of Certain Countries (Click) are required to apply for a visa ONLY at Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country. However, those who are residing in Vietnam and holding The Vietnamese Residence Card, are able to apply for a visa at the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City.
The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh reserves the rights to request additional documents, interviews, or to disapprove as deemed necessary.
An alien who receives a Non-Immigrant visa can work in Thailand once he or she is being granted a work permit. An alien in violation of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning taking up employment without work permit or the Royal Decree B.E.2522 (1979) concerning holding employment in certain restricted occupations and professions shall be prosecuted and imprisoned or fined, or shall face both penalties
- Visa Processing Fee (accept in USD only):
Single entry 80 USD
- Processing times:
Two working days
- Working hours:
9.30 - 11.30 am (Morning session only)
- Validity of a Visa:
The validity of a Visa is 3 months
- Period of Stay:
Holder of this type of visa is entitled to stay in Thailand for a maximum period of 90 days. He or she may apply for an extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau and may be granted such extension for a period of one year from the date of first entry into Thailand.
- Additional Informations:
Upon entry into the Kingdom, applicant appointed representatives must apply for a work permit at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour in which the applicant will be obligated to pay income tax accordingly. Foreign workers must apply for a work permit at the employment office in the province, where the partner company is located.
- Applicant’s family members are eligible to apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa (category “O” accompanying family: Click here) and will be allowed to stay for a period of 90 days but no longer than 1 year.
- Foreign citizens who hold a Transit Visa (“TS”) or Tourist Visa (“TR”) and wish to engage in business activities in Thailand may apply for a change of type of visa (e.g., from Tourist Visa to Non-Immigrant Visa) at the Office of the Immigration Bureau Office located at Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel. 0-2141-9889, www.immigration.go.th. The granting of change of type of visa and extension of stay is at the discretion of the immigration office.
For visa application form: click