17 Sep 2019
This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for tourism purposes .
2. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
**Applicants of 6 months Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa are required to submit the following documents :
**Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary
3. VISA APPLICATION FEE (accept in USD by cash only)
40 USD for Single-Entry
200 USD for Multiple-Entry
4. PROCESSING TIME
Two working days.
5. VALIDITY OF A VISA
Single-entry: 3 months
Multiple-entry: 6 months
6. PERIOD OF STAY
Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 60 days.
The Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa holder may enter Thailand again as long as the visa is still valid.
7. EXTENSION OF STAY
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Complex Building B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 http://www.immigration.go.th . The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
8. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy. Therefore, travellers are adivised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.
Additional documents required for citizens from some countries in South Asia / Middle East / Africa/ the People’s Republic of China, Republic of China (Taiwan) and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.
Citizens from the following countries can apply for visa at the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City if they have residence in Vietnam or meet certain conditions.
If not, applicants must apply for visa in their home countries.
Having residence in Vietnam: People’s Republic of China / Bangladesh/ India/ Nepal/ Pakistan/ Sri Lanka/ Algeria/ Egypt/ Iran/ Lebanon/ Libya/ Palestine/ Syria/ Yemen/ Central African Republic/ Cameroon/ Republic of Congo/ Democratic Republic of Congo/ Equatorial Guinea/ Guinea/ Ghana/ Liberia/ Nigeria/ Sao Tome and Principe/ Sierra Leone/ Somalia/ Sudan
Approval from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand: Democratic People’s Republic of Korea/ Iraq
Having residence in Vietnam and approval from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand: Afghanistan
1. Citizens of the People’s Republic of China who do not have the residence in Vietnam may be able to apply for Tourist/ Transit visa one time if they have the tickets to and from Thailand and evidence of accommodation booking in Thailand.
2. Nepalese citizens who do not have the residence in Vietnam may be able to apply for visa if they can provide the guarantee letter from Nepalese Embassy/ Consulate/ Honorary Consulate or Thai-Nepal Chamber of Commerce.
Additional document required :
* Nationals of Brazil, Republic of Korea and Peru are entitled for tourist visa exemption scheme. Meanwhile, Thailand also holds bilateral agreements on visa exemption for holders of diplomatic, official and ordinary passport for a visit of not exceeding with Brazil, Republic of Korea and Peru.
* If such nationals enter the Kingdom at the Immigration checkpoints which border neighboring countries, they will be allowed to stay for 15 days each time, except (1) Malaysian nationals who cross the borderline from Malaysia (2) Nationals of the countries :USA, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Italy and Japan, whose granted period of stay will not exceed 30 days each time. In addition, such nationals who hold diplomatic and official passports are also practically exempted from visa for tourism.