This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for tourism purposes.
- Document Required
2.1. Passport with validity not less than 6 months
2.2. Filled Visa application form
2.3. A recent 4 x 6 cm. photograph of the applicant which sticks on the visa application form
2.4. Evidence of transportation
- Flight itinerary for ROUND TRIP ticket
- The ticket must show the applicant’s name, departure date and time, and flight details
2.5. Accomodation / Place of stay
- For who stay in the hotel
- Copy of confirmed hotel reservation
- Proof of accommodation to stay covering at least half of the trip with complete information.
- Hotel reservation must start from the date of arrival into Thailand.
- The name of the person (including family members with children or accompanying person names) applying for a visa must appear on the hotel reservation.
- For who stay in the rental accommodation
- Copy of lease contract
- Copy of house registration (if have)
- Copy of house owner’s ID card
- For who stay with friends/family members with accommodation in Thailand
- Provide a copy of his/her Thai Identity card
- Provide a copy of Thai house registration
- Provide a copy of passport
- Provide a copy of Thai work permit with valid visa
- Provide a copy of accommodation ownership documents or rental agreement/lease contract
- If the person you are staying with is a Thai Nationality
- If the person you are staying with is a foreigner living in Thailand
2.6. Evidence of adequate finance
- Showing transaction not less than 6 months
- Minimum 1,600USD per person
2.7. Health insurance which includes;
- Valued over 100,000 USD
- Covers medical expenses in Thailand, including COVID-19
- The duration must cover the length of your visa validity
2.8. COVID-19 (RT-PCR) free health certificate within 72 hours, please check List of Hospitals.
2.9. Additional requirements for some certain countries:
- Nationals of Certain Countries (Click) are required to apply for a visa ONLY at Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country. However, those who are residing in Vietnam and holding The Vietnamese Residence Card, are able to apply for a visa at the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Special conditions:
- Citizens of the People’s Republic of China who do not have a residence in Vietnam may be able to apply for a Tourist/ Transit visa one time if they have the tickets to and from Thailand and evidence of accommodation booking in Thailand.
- Nepalese citizens who do not have residence in Vietnam may be able to apply for a visa if they can provide the guarantee letter from Nepalese Embassy/ Consulate/ Honorary Consulate or Thai-Nepal Chamber of Commerce.
Additional document required :
- Three passport-sized photos (4x6 cm) taken within 6 months, size 4x6 cm.
- Confirmation letter from the company where the applicant is working.
- Work Permit AND Temporary Residence Card in Vietnam with validity not less than 6 months.
- Confirmed round-trip ticket or confirmed ticket showing a transit in Thailand.
- Confirmed booking hotel (with name of applicant and the date matching with the travelling ticket above)
- Evidence of adequate finance (equivalent to 20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)
The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh reserves the rights to request additional documents, interviews, or to disapprove as deemed necessary.
An alien who receives a Non-Immigrant visa can work in Thailand once he or she is being granted a work permit. An alien in violation of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning taking up employment without work permit or the Royal Decree B.E.2522 (1979) concerning holding employment in certain restricted occupations and professions shall be prosecuted and imprisoned or fined, or shall face both penalties
- Visa Processing Fee (accept in USD only):
Single entry 40 USD
- Processing times:
Two working days
- Working hours:
9.30 - 11.30 am (Morning session only)
- Validity of a Visa:
The validity of a Visa is 3 months
- Period of Stay:
Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 60 days. He or she may apply for an extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau and may be granted such extension for a period.
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Complex Building B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 http://www.immigration.go.th . The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
- Additional Informations:
Applicants of 6 months Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa are required to submit the following documents :
- Copy of Vietnamese Temporary/Permanent Resident Card with validity not less than 6 months.
- Letter of Employment / Vietnamese Work-Permit.
- Evidence of adequate finance: at least 200,000 THB/ 5,700 USD per person (6 months financial statement) or 400,000 THB/ 11,400 USD per family
**The Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa holder may enter Thailand again as long as the visa is still valid.
For visa application form: click